AOL Launches All-in-One Mobile App for Apple’s iPad
AOL is out today with an eagerly anticipated new app for Apple’s iPad.
AOL: Mail, News, Weather & Video coalesces a number of popular AOL features and unites them in one convenient place.
The early Internet pioneer says its new application gives you access to your AOL E-mail account(s), weather, news, videos, and more, all from a single application.
Stay in the know with access to up-to-the-minute news, top videos and impactful stories from the editors of AOL.com. Plus, gain quick and easy access to your AOL Mail inbox, now optimized for iPad.
The advertised features include:
- Discover the latest stories and videos in an engaging news stream format
- Connect and share via AOL Mail, Facebook and Twitter
- Choose the news categories that matter most to you by customizing your stream
- Save articles and videos to read, watch and share at your leisure
- Delight in the featured news stream as it reflects your personal news interests over time
Based on positive early reactions, it looks as though the application takes full advantage of the large iPad canvas to give users as much content as possible.
The app is available now on the iTunes App Store.