Time Inc. Launches Video Partner Network with the AOL On Network, Alloy Digital, NewsLook and NDN
NEW YORK – Time Inc. announced it is launching a digital video partner network, with distribution partners including the AOL On Network, Alloy Digital, NewsLook and NDN. Completing the first stage of a video strategy it set earlier this year, Time Inc. brands will produce 50% more video content in 2013, including several new original programs from new studio spaces in New York, Los Angeles and Birmingham.
“Video presents an enormous opportunity for storytelling from influential brands like ours and we have only just scratched the surface. Ramping up our programming significantly and establishing a distribution network with all-star partners, we’re now fully entrenched in our strategy”
Time Inc.’s video network is projected to deliver approximately 40-50 million monthly views across platforms and devices. Time Inc.’s partners include The AOL On Network, where Time Inc.’s videos will be added to its library of more than 700,000 premium videos; Alloy Digital, recognized for its portfolio of top-ranked media brands and proprietary networks including CLiP, a large scale video syndication platform; NewsLook, a leading distribution and syndication company that helps publishers incorporate video into their text-based products, and NDN, the 4th largest online video property in the U.S. according to comScore and a leading digital media exchange and monetization engine.
Bringing new scale opportunities to advertisers, Time Inc. will offer multiple options for advertising across its video network including run-of-network, segmenting audiences and contextual targeting on Time Inc. sites.
“Video presents an enormous opportunity for storytelling from influential brands like ours and we have only just scratched the surface. Ramping up our programming significantly and establishing a distribution network with all-star partners, we’re now fully entrenched in our strategy,” said JR McCabe, SVP of Video for Time Inc. “Building on the deep connection consumers already have with us, we can cultivate a daily habit of consuming high-quality, compelling video content across our platforms.”
In addition to the thousands of individual videos produced by Time Inc., the company features more than 50 video series, including daily, weekly, live and event-based programs, across its news, entertainment, business, sports, style and cooking categories. New or soon-to-premiere series, accessible here, include:
- Pro Football Now: a live weekly series, hosted by SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Maggie Gray and former New York Giants player Amani Toomer, that delivers commentary and analysis throughout the NFL season
- SI Now Powered by Ford: a live, 30-minute daily talk show broadcast on SI.com featuring commentary, analysis and social interaction with SI writers/editors, newsmakers and special guests
- The Must List: a daily show hosted by Entertainment Weekly Editor Jess Cagle where he recommends what to watch, hear or read that day
- TV Recaps: a daily video show where EW editors give descriptions and critiques of last night’s most talked about shows
- The Top 3: a brief daily video on what’s dominating the conversation on social media, with TIME’s Callie Schweitzer
- TIME Explains: brief videos explaining everything from Obama’s options in Syria to what causes sinkholes
- Chatter: stars play beat-the-clock as they answer a grab bag of 5 questions in a fast-paced 60-second segment from PEOPLE
- Hackett & Crew: Managing Editor Larry Hackett and PEOPLE editors chat about the most buzzed-about celebrity news story of the moment, in a lively debate.
- The Chat: a quarterly live talk show where FORTUNE Senior Editor at Large Pattie Sellers interviews some of the biggest names in business. The Chat’s first guest was Warren Buffett, who sent his first-ever tweet during the interview
- Real Simple Video of the Day: a new daily video featuring an easy, accessible, and useful tip from Real Simple editors. Examples include “How to Make Champagne Bubbly Again” and “5 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas”
Time Inc. debuted a new studio space this month on the second floor of its New York headquarters, complete with live-streaming capabilities, a new control room suite and multiple editing stations. The company also upgraded its studio facilities in Birmingham with new editing suites and a studio refresh, allowing it to double video production for the Lifestyle brands based there.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc., a division of Time Warner, is one of the largest branded media companies in the world reaching more than 130 million Americans each month across multiple platforms. With influential brands such as TIME, PEOPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, InStyle, and Real Simple, Time Inc. is home to celebrated events and franchises including the FORTUNE 500, TIME 100, PEOPLE’s Most Beautiful and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’S Sportsman of the Year.