137% increase in multichannel brands in 2013; Cross-channel consumers convert 24% more
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – In 2013, there has been a 137% global increase in brands that advertise across multiple digital channels (mobile, display, social and video), according to the new Q3 2013 Digital Audience Report from Turn (www.turn.com), the marketing software and analytics platform. What’s more, the analysis found a 500% increase year-to-date in brands advertising across all four digital channels. The value of these strategies is clear: Brands moving from single to multiple channels average a 300% improvement in advertising ROI; and, consumers seeing ads in more than one channel convert at a 24% higher rate than those who see ads in just one channel.
The report (accessed at http://turn.li/GDAOct2013) highlights many invaluable insights for marketers seeking to reach relevant audiences through cost-effective digital advertising strategies.
Along with detailing “the rise of the cross-channel brand,” the report showcases quarterly digital advertising marketplace data. This is based on an analysis of data from the Turn platform, which every day makes nearly 100 billion advertising decisions, analyzes over 1.5 billion anonymous customer attributes, and provides instant access to billions of digital ad impressions – resulting in an unmatched ability to provide game-changing insights.
The Q3 2013 Turn Digital Audience Report found that campaigns in the US, Latin America, EU and Asia-Pacific, across multiple channels (including mobile, display, social and video), delivered the highest ROI for brands such as:
• A global broadcaster – 3100% ROI
• A major retailer – 1700% ROI
• A CPG brand – 1100% ROI
• An automaker – 580% ROI
• A global telecom – 580% ROI
• A financial services company – 540% ROI
• An insurance company – 460% ROI
• A consumer technology brand – 300% ROI
“The top global brands we work with see that Turn’s powerful platform, real-time insights and an ‘audience first’ data-driven strategy help them have a conversation with consumers across all of the devices they interact with throughout the day,” says Paul Alfieri, vice president of marketing, Turn.
The report highlights other critical data for global marketers, such as eCPM trends across channels and regions – insights that show the possibilities for reaching audiences efficiently at scale.
Among the other findings from the Q3 2013 Turn Digital Audience Report:
• Display ad eCPM continued to climb, moving up 4.9% from $1.22 to $1.28 at the end of Q3. Global impression volume is stable but the summer lull has given way to amped-up back-to-school/Q4/holiday media buys starting at the end of September.
• Mobile eCPM went up marginally – 0.9% – from $1.01 in Q2 to $1.02 in Q3. An increase in impressions available is keeping pace with revved up demand, with more dollars moving to digital and mobile.
• Social eCPM went up 15.4% as top advertisers continue to drive demand for Facebook and Facebook Exchange ads, which globally attracted $0.45 eCPM vs. $0.39 at the end of Q2. It’s been an astounding year of growth for Facebook with eCPM up 87% year-to-date.
• Online video is essentially unchanged this quarter, dropping marginally (0.54%) from an $11.03 eCPM in Q2 to $10.97 by the end of Q3. Pricing is moving more toward the middle, with volume staying consistent.
Turn provides two real-time marketing applications: Audience Suite, an enterprise data management platform, and Campaign Suite, a digital media buying platform for video, mobile, social, and display advertising. Turn works with the world’s top brands, agencies and trading desks including Accuen, Aegis, AT&T, Chrysler, Experian, OMD and Vivaki.
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make marketing decisions. Our integrated cloud platform enables data management, cross-channel advertising, and advanced analytics from a single login, along with point-and-click access to over 100 premium technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products, and services worldwide. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Click here to download