Study Contains Key Insights for Retailers Regarding Reaching and Converting Three Generations of Moms via Desktop and Mobile Devices
NEW YORK, NY – Adroit Digital, today announced results of a comprehensive survey of 1000 North American moms across three distinctly different generations — Millennial, GenX and Boomers. The “For Moms, It’s a Digital Holiday” study garnered moms shopping behaviors and attitudes as they approach the 2013 holiday season to determine how they will shop online this holiday season. 71 percent of the moms surveyed are responsible for 75 percent or more of all gift purchases this holiday season. Nearly one-third (32 percent) of all moms surveyed plan on doing 60 percent or more of all their holiday shopping online.
Key findings include:
- Moms Make Online Purchases Quickly: Of all respondents, 62 percent of moms will purchase an item after seeing it online or seeing an ad for it online in the same day.
- Deals and Discounts Work: 93 percent indicated if they saw a detail or discount from a favorite online retailer while shopping, they would make a purchase they may not have otherwise made.
- Mobile Web versus Retailers’ Apps: Half (50 percent) of all moms surveyed indicated that they would use the mobile web as opposed to a mobile app when shopping from their mobile device.
- Coupons Defend Against Showrooming: While shopping in-store, 56 percent of moms plan on using their mobile device to locate a discount or coupon, 50 percent will be checking prices against an online retailer, and 42 percent will be checking prices at another nearby retailer.
Additional findings include:
- Return Visits: 25 percent of the moms surveyed indicated they would visit the same online retailer six times or more before making a purchase this holiday season.
- Mobile Shopping: 21 percent plan on doing 50 percent or more of their online holiday shopping this season from their tablet or smartphone, compared to their laptop or desktop. The numbers are even higher for millennial moms. 31 percent of 18-24-year-olds and 25 percent of 25-34-year-olds plan on doing 50 percent or more of all their online holiday shopping this season from a mobile device instead of a laptop/desktop.
“We set out to understand moms’ holiday shopping plans and to identify the role tablets and mobile devices will play in their purchase journey,” said Scott German, GM of Adroit Digital. “To win this holiday season, retailers would be wise to pay special attention to moms’ plans to shop more online and from their mobile devices in particular. By presenting online discounts and focusing their efforts on the mobile web, they can influence their purchase behavior even during one of their rarer in-store visits.”
To download the full report, please visit: http://marketing.adroitdigital.com/holiday/research-release
About Adroit Digital
At Adroit Digital, we believe people move technology, not the other way around. Our team of programmatic experts uses human insights, our exclusive data set and unmatched media access to intelligently drive marketing performance. We work hard to delight our customers every day. We have offices in New York, Boston and San Francisco. For more information, please email “firstname.lastname@example.org” or visit us online:www.adroitdigital.com/.