Gauging SE Asia’s festive mood on Facebook
People across cultures are using Facebook, especially on mobile, to share their favourite festive moments, seek gift inspiration and find the best deals for the perfect present. Facebook has released insights on people’s behaviour during the festive season in Southeast Asia. These seasonal data provide insights for marketers, as they are rounding up their ad targeting efforts for the holiday season.
Some of the key Facebook highlights on the festive season across Southeast Asia:
• On Facebook, people are sharing more during festive seasons and on their preferred device. Compared to the rest of the year, people share 30 per cent more mobile content during the festive period and 75 per cent of posts created were on mobile.
• 79 per cent of festive season posts in Singapore were created on mobile
• Across Southeast Asia, Facebook conversations during the period are centred on greetings and festive activities in the Philippines (84 per cent of Facebook chatter), Indonesia (90 per cent) and Singapore (52 per cent).
• Over four out of five people in the Philippines (91 per cent), Indonesia (83 per cent) and Thailand (84 per cent) said Facebook is influential to their shopping during the season.
• Shopping continues even after the New Year countdown. Users are shopping online 19% more in January as compared to the festive season on average across the region.