D&AD Awards 2016: New ‘festival’; APAC jurors continue to play big role
The D&AD 54th Annual Professional Awards are getting ready for another year of focussing on innovation and design and the role these play in achieving creative excellence. In the jury list, Asia-Pacific is well represented with creative professionals from across the region participating as jury presidents and teams.
Some jurors from Asia, China, South East Asia include:
● Ali Shabaz, Chief Creative Officer, Grey Group, Singapore
● David Guerrero, Chairman, Chief Creative Officer, BBDO Guerrero/ Proximity, Philippines
● Hanson Ho, Design Director, H55, Singapore
● Johan Vakidis, Executive Creative Director, R/GA Shanghai, China
● Joji Jacob, Group Executive Creative Director, DDB Singapore, Singapore
● Katie Ewer, Director of Strategy, Jones Knowles Ritchie, Singapore
● Max Dautresme, Creative Director, Substance, Hong Kong
● Robert Gaxiola, Co-Founder, Mangham Gaxiola, Singapore
● Tommy Li, Founder, Tommy Li Design Workshop, Hong Kong
● William Harald-Wong, Design Director, William Harald-Wong & Associates, Malaysia
● Yang Yeo, Chief Creative Officer, Wieden+Kennedy Shanghai, China
Other jurors from the region include:
● Wain Choi, Vice President, Executive Global Creative, Chiel WW, South Korea
● Vince Frost, Executive Creative Director, CEO, Frost Collective, Australia
● Balakrishnan ‘Balki’ Rajagopalan, Filmmaker, Screenwriter, Chairman, Chief Creative Officer, Lowe Lintas, India
After a successful move to The Old Truman Brewery in 2015, this year ‘Judging Week’ becomes the D&AD Festival where it claims it will bring ‘the worlds of advertising and design together over eight days to celebrate the best in global creativity’.
Tim Lindsay, D&AD CEO commented, “We didn’t want to call it a “festival” without delivering exactly what people would expect, an event that buzzes with creative energy. This isn’t just a chance to meet the makers of some of your favourite creative work, it’s a forum to listen to what they have to say about our industry and be inspired. None of this would be possible without the participation of our dedicated jurors, they are the ones who bring the D&AD awards to life.”
The post D&AD Awards 2016: New ‘festival’; APAC jurors continue to play big role appeared first on Digital Market Asia.